Past Software Engineering Work
Do you like to see detailed work experience for your developer?
Interested in talking to me about project that involves additional components, beyond the mobile app itself?
Here's everything you need to know about the types development projects I've worked on during long career as a software development professional!
Expert iOS, Java, WebApp Developer
Senior java server and full-webstack developer with 15+ years experience. Experience with major app frameworks and technologies.
Current focus on freelance iOS development, with multiple applications of my own and those for clients currently available in the App Store.
- Senior iOS developer and web app developer.
- Past focus on enterprise java + enterprise web app development.
- Agile/scrummaster experience.
- Freelance software developer, working on iOS apps and custom web development projects.
- 15+ years professional development experience
- Senior developer with team lead and scrummaster experience
- Concentration in enterprise and web-app development (Java + SQL, Spring, Hibernate, Struts, etc)
- Designed and implemented multiple iOS apps currently in App Store
- Full-stack web app expertise with Web Services
- iOS development, Objective-C (plus extensive history with C/C++)
- Java (Java, servlets, JSP, JUnit/TestNG, etc), Java frameworks (Spring, Hibernate, Struts, iBatis, JSF, Apache web taglibs, etc)
- Oracle and MySQL database schema design and SQL (both SQL and DDL)
- SOA and Web Service architectures
- REST and Soap Web Services, XML, JSON
- Apache, JBoss and Tomcat servers/web-containers, Maven and Ant build systems, TeamCity continuous integration, etc.
- Python (incl. large, object-oriented, stand-alone applications), PHP and Zend Framework
- Excellent communication skills
- Team leadership experience
- Agile process expert (development methods and experience as Scrum Master)
- Long history of successful project completion on time and under budget
- Deep experience in design patterns and their application, OOP design/architecting, object-relational mapping
Work History Summary
5/2011 - Current 7th Codex Software, Boulder CO
Freelance contract and project-based software development for various clients, concentrating in iOS app development, Java, and Python (large object-oriented standalone apps).
8/2007 - 5/2011 Time Warner Cable, Advanced Tech Group, Broomfield CO
Senior Software Engineer
Advanced Technology Group is responsible for all major software development for the company’s cable plant infrastructure, video/telecom services and in-home set top boxes.
- “Conductor” project: Large web application for TWC division administrators.
- “Prelude” Project: Pilot project to move to server-based application model with thin clients. Real-time, high-volume and high-performance scalable server application with millions of set top boxes as display tier.
- Technologies: Java 6, Spring 3.0, TestNG, JMS, Solr/Lucene, CXF web services, Guava, JUnit, Maven.
- Scrummaster for Prelude project: agile development team of 11 developers and testers. Successfully coordinated team to full field release of first version of product.
12/2006 - 7/2007 Intrado Inc, Longmont CO
Senior Software Engineer, Team Lead
Provider of 911 and e911 emergency services for national telecoms.
Developer and team lead (5 devs) on real-time high-performance logging/analysis subsystem for 911 emergency call systems software. Agile development environment.
Technologies: Java, J2EE, spring, tomcat, several apache components, eclipse, hibernate, Oracle.
3/2006 - 12/2006 The Spitfire Group, Longmont CO
Senior Technical Specialist
Technology consulting firm specializing in business flow analysis and development of custom software. Developers were direct customer facing with minimum 10+ years consulting experience.
Technology consultant and Java architect/developer on multiple applications (database reporting system, SOA architecture, etc).
2005 - 3/2006 Lockheed Martin (via CSC contract), Denver CO
The space systems launch division designs and builds satellite launch systems.
General development of misc data migration systems, process coordination tools, web service data publishing system. Extensive use of Oracle databases.
Technologies: Java/J2EE, C/C++, Oracle, Apache, Tomcat, VB, MySql.
2003 - 2004 W. E. Dailey Inc., Bennington VT
Regional company supplying ready-mix and prefabricated concrete products to construction industry.
Developed data export/import systems and reporting solutions using relational databases / SQL.
1999 - 2003 LogicSpark Inc., Bennington Vermont
1993 - 2004 Corporate Software Development Trainer, NY (Contracts)
Corporate trainer teaching multi-day and multi-week classes for corporate clients, generally working as a subcontractor for training providers. Formerly Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT).
1992 - 1999 Free-Lance Software and Web Developer, New York